Besler named an MLS All-Star
Sporting Kansas City defender and Kansas City native Matt Besler has been selected to play in the 2011 MLS All-Star Game.
Besler received nearly three times as many votes via text voting than any other MLS player, the league announced Sunday.
The All-Star Game will take place at 7:30 p.m. July 27 at Red Bull Arena as the MLS All-Stars square off against Manchester United.
"I want to thank all of the people who texted to vote for me, and I am honored to be named as the AT&T Text Winner for the 2011 AT&T MLS All-Star Game," Besler said in a press release. "I look forward to representing Sporting Kansas City against Manchester United again."
Besler, an Overland Park native, played at Blue Valley West High School.
More like this story
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education
- Adult students find success with Bonner-based diploma completion program
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Gary Johnson, USD 458 Board of Education
- Class of 2015: BLHS senior says organization is the key
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: James Blancarte, Linwood City Council