Letter: Citizen of the year thanks Basehor
To the editor:
I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Basehor Chamber of Commerce for the Citizen of the Year award presented to me at the annual Fourth of July celebration. It was a very pleasant surprise.
Thanks also to all the people who have sent me cards and have called me to congratulate me.
Matt (Erickson), thank you for the nice article you wrote. I would like to add that besides my daughter and son, Lesley and Michael, and grandsons, Sam and Colin, my son-in-law Larry McAfee and my sister-in-law Pat Rogers were there with me.
I have enjoyed my many years of volunteering and have met many wonderful people who have become lifelong friends. I also would like to acknowledge the other ladies that worked over at Sandstone to raise money for the park: Margie Barlow, Cindy Bartko and the late Mary Ohler. We all became the original Basehor Park Board, on which Margie and I still volunteer and which hopefully Cindy will again join after a brief vacation.
Thanks again, and please enjoy our wonderful park and support our city.
More like this story
- Baldwin City resident killed, another injured in motorcycle wreck in southern Leavenworth County
- Basehor-Linwood softball sweeps St. James
- 2 dead after shooting in Overland Park
- BLHS tops Bonner Springs in softball regionals
- Off-duty Shawnee firefighter administers CPR to 4-year-old at Tonganoxie Water Park