Sporting KC adds Brazilian midfielder
Sporting Kansas City on Saturday announced the addition of Brazilian midfielder Jéferson to the club.
He last played for Brazilian club Vasco da Gama.
“I’ve been preparing physically to be able to come here and make an immediate impact, Jéferson said. “I’m very excited to be here and I come with the goal to help the team fulfill its goal of making the playoffs and ultimately going to the final.”
Jéferson, 27, will spend the rest of the 2011 season with Sporting Kansas City on loan and becomes the third Designated Player in club history, joining the team’s current leading goal scorer Omar Bravo and former Argentine forward Claudio Lopez.
More like this story
- Off-duty Shawnee firefighter administers CPR to 4-year-old at Tonganoxie Water Park
- GOP legislators block audit of Kansas foster care system
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs volunteer Becky Korgol
- Wyandotte County fair adds go kart racing to events
- Reopening Riddle Boys Ranch concerns some Kansas schools