Letter to the editor: ‘Comfort level’ not an issue
To the editor:
Apparently Ray Cox was misquoted by an article in The Chieftain regarding a possible violation of the Open Meetings Act.
The executive session was not called for me. The record reflects that I did not make a motion to go into executive session, nor did I second the motion. I did not have a problem discussing board applicants in public, nor did I feel uncomfortable making the decision.
This also applies to any decision I make as a board member. For The Chieftain to suggest otherwise is simply not true. I will continue to make all decisions with the best interest of the district in mind regardless of my “comfort level.”
USD 204 Board of Education member
Editor’s note: The Chieftain’s report on the possible violation of the Kansas Open Meetings Act by the Bonner Springs-Edwardsville Board of Education (July 21 issue) paraphrased Cox. As noted in the story, Cox made the motion to go into the executive session, but told The Chieftain he believed it w
More like this story
- Generating change: Ag Hall looks to reinfuse energy with Barnyard Babies event
- High on the hog: Knapp Family Farms to show off pigs on Kaw Valley Farm Tour
- Kansas: No court order needed for same-sex birth certificate
- Letter: Blast a show of community pride
- Young would-be robber's effort stymied by clerk's stare