FYI: City band picnic is set
June 9 marks the beginning of the Bonner Springs City Band summer concert series.
The band will gather at 7 p.m. Thursday, June 2, in the Band Room at Bonner Springs High School for an organizational rehearsal and picnic in preparation for the concert series. The rehearsal and picnic give the band members and their families time to play a little, eat together and begin or renew friendships with other band members. Some of the city band members have been playing together for more than 25 years.
The band will be conducted by Larry Berg, who will begin his 30th year with the band this summer. Berg will be assisted by Aaron Hall and Bill Turley. The band is under the direct supervision of the Bonner Springs Band Commission, chaired by Don Wheeler.
Concerts will be presented each Thursday night during June and July in Kelly Murphy Park. Ice cream socials are planned for each concert.
For more information about becoming a city band member or about the rehearsal and picnic, contact Berg at (913) 422-7996.
More like this story
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: James Blancarte, Linwood City Council
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Kansas governor talks tax policy with Missouri lawmakers
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs Senior Center's Gloria Ochoa
- U.S. Soccer National Training Complex to begin construction by summer