Ag hall to highlight horses, power through 2 events
Horse power will be the focus of two events Saturday at the National Agricultural Center and Hall of Fame.
During Horse N’ Around, taking place at 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., attendees can try their skills at roping, see a farrier in action and watch the various horse enthusiasts demonstrate their skills.
Admission is $7 for adults, $6 for seniors over the age of 62, $5 for students with ID, $3 for youths 5 to 16 and free for children under the age of 5.
The Mud Run by J & B Promotions, of St. Joseph, Mo., starts at 1 p.m. Rails, trucks and jeeps will battle it out in a 200-foot long by 25-foot wide mud bog. The Mud Run will be divided into different classes of vehicles and an open tournament for all vehicles.
Check-in for the Mud Run is at noon and admission to see the run is $10 for those 12 and up, $5 for youths ages 5 to 12 and free for children under the age of 5.
More like this story
- Survivors of Jewish sites shooting victims plan remembrance
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: James Blancarte, Linwood City Council
- Overland Park approves 165-mile bicycle network
- Woman gets 21 months in prison for hiring illegal workers