Sara Lee plant opens in KCK
Kansas Governor Sam Brownback and Joe Reardon, mayor and CEO of the Unified Government of Wyandotte County and Kansas City, Kan., welcomed Sara Lee to Kansas City during a grand opening event Friday at Sara Lee’s new state-of-the-art sliced meats facility, 4612 Speaker Road.
The plant brings an additional 250 jobs to Wyandotte County. Sara Lee invested more than $140 million in the 187,000 square foot facility.
More like this story
- Free teen driving program offered this weekend at Bonner Springs amphiteater
- Face to Face: Basehor-Linwood High coach Ross Schwisow
- Education focus: Academic boot camp program puts veterans back in the classroom
- U.S. Soccer National Training Complex to begin construction by summer
- Perky's Cafe joins downtown Bonner eateries