Speedway offers chance to drive racetrack for donations
The Wyandotte County Chapter of the American Red Cross and the Kansas Speedway are joining together to assist in disaster relief efforts in Kansas and Missouri.
To help raise funds, the organizations are offering race fans a chance to drive their personal vehicles around the Kansas Speedway on two days, as part of the first event under the Speedway lights from 6:30 to 10 p.m. Saturday, June 18, for a donation of $50, and from 2 to 7 p.m. Friday, June 24, for a $25 donation.
Fans can visit kck.redcross.org or call 913-321-6314 with a credit card and provide the information code: Kansas Speedway Relief Efforts. Fans can also make their donation on the days of June 18 and June 24 at Kansas Speedway. Fans also can text "redcross" to 90999 to contribute a $10 donation.
All vehicles must be street legal and equipped with enough seatbelts for all passengers. RV's, tractor trailers and motorcycles will not be permitted.
More like this story
- Truck crashes into dugout at Kansas baseball field
- Icy road conditions claim 4 more lives in Kansas
- Overland Park approves 165-mile bicycle network
- Leavenworth County Sheriff's Office warns of peak time for deer accidents
- Education focus: JCCC CDL training puts students in the driver's seat for a new career