Picnic raises funds for camp
Walnut Grove Bible Church will play host to a chicken dinner picnic and benefit auction to send youths to summer camp at Camp Daniel. The event will be Sunday, June 26, at the camp, 16766 Cantrell Road.
At 1 p.m. a lunch of fried chicken, potato salad, baked beans, coleslaw and other sides will be served, and then attendees can pick up a dessert of homemade pie, cake or cookies at the benefit auction going on at 2 p.m. Gift baskets and other items will also be available for bid during the auction.
There is no charge for the lunch, but donations are welcome. Bring lawn chairs, as well as bathing suits and towels for swimming as the camp pool will be open after lunch.
For more information, including a 2011 summer camp schedule, call Jim Stevenson at 913-645-2341.
More like this story
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Wyandotte County's housing growth continues
- Kansas cropland values down this year amid low grain prices
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- Basehor council to review proposed development