No flooding predicted for Wyandotte County
The Army Corps of Engineers recently informed local county government officials that there is no anticipated threat of flooding along the Kansas River in Kansas City, Kan., based on current conditions.
This assessment was also based on the restricted releases from Kansas reservoirs and the dropping river stages on the Kansas River. The Army Corps of Engineers doesn’t expect any potential flooding along the Kansas River due to a backwater effect from a high Missouri River stage.
Wyandotte County Emergency Management continues to work with local and state agencies to monitor both the Kansas and Missouri rivers.
More like this story
- Kansas man driving combine leads law enforcement on chase
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- 2 charged after niece rescued from sweltering car in Kansas
- Sheriff: Inmate orchestrated drug deals over jail pay phone
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence