No flooding predicted for Wyandotte County
The Army Corps of Engineers recently informed local county government officials that there is no anticipated threat of flooding along the Kansas River in Kansas City, Kan., based on current conditions.
This assessment was also based on the restricted releases from Kansas reservoirs and the dropping river stages on the Kansas River. The Army Corps of Engineers doesn’t expect any potential flooding along the Kansas River due to a backwater effect from a high Missouri River stage.
Wyandotte County Emergency Management continues to work with local and state agencies to monitor both the Kansas and Missouri rivers.
More like this story
- City of Leavenworth anticipates flooding in coming days, protecting structures with sandbags
- Leavenworth continues flood-response efforts, closes airport
- Riverfront Community Center closed as Missouri's floodwaters rise in Leavenworth
- Leavenworth prepares for possible record flooding
- Leavenworth to close park in advance of floodwaters