10 Years Ago (June 21, 2001)
The new YMCA facility in Bonner Springs was under construction. The $10 million facility was slated for completion in April 2002.
Teddi Stern resigned as the principal at Basehor Elementary School.
25 Years Ago (June 19, 1986)
Volunteers from Haven Steel Co. and Steelworkers Local 10 were working to erect the bandstand at Kelly Murphy Park. The Bonner Springs City Band was conducting concerts in the parking lot behind Alden-Harrington Funeral Home.
50 Years Ago (June 22, 1961)
More than 1,000 people viewed the Kansas centennial parade in Bonner Springs.
The Wilder School District officially transferred to the Bonner Springs High School district.
100 Years Ago (June 22, 1911)
The Bonner Springs Grays defeated Circle Athletics of Kansas City, 13-4. Led by the hitting of Ed Page, Bonner Springs scored 11 runs in the fourth inning.
John W. McDanield said the street car would operate on the Fourth of July to provide transportation to the park. A. A. Young was the orator for the day.
L. Treff built a windmill on his farm near Basehor.
A twilight concert was presented by the Christian Church Choral Club. Mrs. Ruth Michaels was one of the soloists.
More like this story
- USD 458 board reviews culinary program, other high school developments
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Gary Johnson, USD 458 Board of Education
- Education focus: Dwayne Peaslee Technical Training Center prepares for fall push
- Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development seeking applicants for 2015-16
- Remember When for May 14, 2015