State bracket: Basehor-Linwood girls to face Colby in first round
The Basehor-Linwood girls will be the No. 6 seed in the Class 4A basketball state tournament when play begins Thursday at the Bicentennial Center in Salina.
The Bobcats (18-4) will play in the tournament's opening game at 3 p.m. against No. 3 Colby (21-1).
The 4:45 game, which is on the same side of the bracket with BLHS, will pit No. 2 Cheney (23-0) vs. No. 7 Topeka Hayden (18-5).
On the top half of the bracket, No. 1 Holton (23-0) will play No. 8 Independence (16-7) at 6:30 p.m. and No. 4 Haven (20-3) will battle No. 5 Ottawa (19-4) at 8:15 p.m.
If Basehor-Linwood defeats Colby, the Bobcats would face the Cheney-Hayden winner in a 3 p.m. Friday semifinal. The other girls' semifinal is scheduled to tip at 6:30 p.m. Friday.
The third-place game will begin at noon Saturday and the girls' championship game will start at 4 p.m. Saturday.
The full bracket can be viewed here. Be sure to check it in case there are any scheduling changes.
More like this story
- Organization Orientation: Bonner Springs-Edwardsville Kiwanis Club
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Organization Orientation: Bonner Springs Rotary Club
- Kansas City Connection: City Market a hub for delicious ethnic food