Couple seeks host families for exchange program
John and Sally Maack have played host to 20 foreign exchange students from 11 countries.
The retired couple recently moved to Tonganoxie and is seeking families interested in playing host to foreign exchange students through the Educational Resource Development Trust/SHARE High School Program. The ERDT is an international exchange organization incorporated as a nonprofit organization in 1974.
Exchange students between the ages of 15 and 18 from more than 30 countries will be arriving in the United States in mid-August to attend high school for one or two semesters. Students have been screened, speak English and have their own spending money and medical insurance.
Host families have the opportunity to select a student who they feel fits the best into their family and community.
To learn more about the program, call Sally or John at (913) 417-7004.
More like this story
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers
- Feds: Hotel owners replaced legal workers with immigrants
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Kansas lawmakers considering proposals on public employees
- Employer sent to prison for hiring workers illegally in U.S.