Drill to be today
The statewide annual tornado drill will be conducted at 1:30 p.m. today, March 10, weather permitting.
Also, in recognition of the approaching severe weather season, the Unified Government of Wyandotte County/Kansas City, Kan., will play host to a free Severe Weather Awareness Seminar at 7 p.m. March 24 in the Performing Arts Auditorium at Kansas City, Kansas Community College, 7250 State Ave.
Derek DeRoche of the National Weather Service’s Pleasant Hill, Mo., office will be the quest speaker.
For more information contact the Unified Government’s Emergency Management Department at (913) 573-6300.
More like this story
- U.S. Soccer National Training Complex to begin construction by summer
- Basehor-Linwood schools announce kindergarten roundups
- State officials ready to work with Bonner Springs's K-7 requests
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: James Blancarte, Linwood City Council
- Organization Orientation: Bonner Springs-Edwardsville Kiwanis Club