Drill to be today
The statewide annual tornado drill will be conducted at 1:30 p.m. today, March 10, weather permitting.
Also, in recognition of the approaching severe weather season, the Unified Government of Wyandotte County/Kansas City, Kan., will play host to a free Severe Weather Awareness Seminar at 7 p.m. March 24 in the Performing Arts Auditorium at Kansas City, Kansas Community College, 7250 State Ave.
Derek DeRoche of the National Weather Service’s Pleasant Hill, Mo., office will be the quest speaker.
For more information contact the Unified Government’s Emergency Management Department at (913) 573-6300.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: 36 Months in Kansas City
- BSHS grad with renal failure thankful for community support
- Thrills and chills: Organizers expecting bigger, busier Tiblow Days
- USD 458 Education Foundation begins 'Major Saver' fundraiser
- Great Midwest Balloon Fest looks for great weather this weekend