Drill to be today
The statewide annual tornado drill will be conducted at 1:30 p.m. today, March 10, weather permitting.
Also, in recognition of the approaching severe weather season, the Unified Government of Wyandotte County/Kansas City, Kan., will play host to a free Severe Weather Awareness Seminar at 7 p.m. March 24 in the Performing Arts Auditorium at Kansas City, Kansas Community College, 7250 State Ave.
Derek DeRoche of the National Weather Service’s Pleasant Hill, Mo., office will be the quest speaker.
For more information contact the Unified Government’s Emergency Management Department at (913) 573-6300.
More like this story
- BSHS grad with renal failure thankful for community support
- Scientists fly Kansas sky to study ferocious storms
- USD 458 Education Foundation begins 'Major Saver' fundraiser
- Kansas AG plans to appeal ruling blocking anti-abortion law
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County