Live from Salina: Bobcats fall to Cheney, 35-31
Salina Basehor-Linwood's defense was up to snuff, but its offense was not in the Class 4A girls basketball state semifinals against defending Cheney.
The result was a 35-31 loss Friday at the Bicentennial Center.
The game was close throughout and the teams never were separated by more than five points.
The game was tied at 27-27 with six minutes to go, and it was a three-point game with under two minutes to go, but the Bobcats simply couldn't score enough.
BLHS shot 27.3 percent from the field in the loss.
The Bobcats will play for third place at noon Saturday.
Check back soon for a full recap.
More like this story
- Basehor-area voters approve school bond issue; Klamm edges out Johnson for school board
- Reno County spending money to keep jail smelling good
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- 8 years after tornado, Greensburg to have theater again
- Kansas spent nearly $7,800 to rid state building of pests