Live from Salina: Bobcats tied with Cheney at halftime
Salina Basehor-Linwood has used a variety of defenses to take defending state champion Cheney out of its comfort zone during the first half.
The result has been a tempo that favors BLHS, and the Bobcats are tied with Cheney at halftime, 16-16.
The first quarter was evenly matched as the squads swapped baskets and Cheney built a 10-9 lead.
Basehor-Linwood took an 11-10 lead with 5:50 left in the second quarter on a 10-foot jumper by Megan Bergstrom. That set off a flurry of lead changes before Courtney Poe buried a 3-pointer off of a screen by Jamie Johnson that gave BLHS a 16-14 lead.
Cheney turned the ball over on four of its final five possessions of the half, but the Cardinals scored on the one good possession and tied the game.
More like this story
- Confusion remains years after creation of 'Unified Government'
- Hollywood Casino hotel process hitting home stretch
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Brownback urges Kansas House to pass GOP school funding plan