Workshop to target diesel emissions, idling reduction
A workshop targeting the reduction of diesel emissions, funding opportunities through the Kansas Clean Diesel Program and the idling reduction rule in both Johnson and Wyandotte counties will be from 9 a.m. to noon Wednesday, March 23, at the West Wyandotte Library, 1737 N. 82nd St., Kansas City, Kan.
The workshop, which is sponsored by the Kansas Department of Health and Environment and the Kansas Small Business Environmental Assistance Program, is designed specifically to provide fleet owners and operators of on-road, heavy duty diesel vehicles with information regarding:
• Air quality status in the Kansas City metropolitan region
• An overview of the Kansas idling reduction rule, which impacts on-road diesel vehicles weighing more than 14,001 pounds and operating in Johnson and Wyandotte counties
There is no charge for attending the workshop.
More information, including registration and an agenda, can be found online at sbeap.org, or by calling (800) 587-8898.
More like this story
- Organization Orientation: Basehor-Linwood Assistance Services
- Generating change: Ag Hall looks to reinfuse energy with Barnyard Babies event
- Kaw Valley Relay For Life alters format, seeks participants
- Organization Orientation: Bonner Springs Rotary Club
- BSHS grad with renal failure thankful for community support