Deadline extended for KC Baby Shower clothing drive
Organizers of the 2011 Greater Kansas City Community Baby Shower, scheduled for April 16, are asking families to begin their spring cleaning early this year and provide gently-used or new maternity and baby clothes for the shower.
The clothing drive has been extended until Sunday, March 20. Individuals can drop off maternity or baby clothes at 12 YMCA of Kansas City locations, including:
• Bonner Springs YMCA, 2251 S. 138th St., Bonner Springs
• Olathe YMCA, 21400 W. 153rd St., Olathe
• Providence YMCA, 8601 Parallel Parkway, Kansas City
The free clothing is just one of the incentives baby shower organizers hope will entice expectant and new mothers and their families to attend the event, which is an educational fair that includes classes on oral health for baby, safety, nutrition and budgeting.
For more information, contact Chris Beurman at (816) 559-9435.
More like this story
- Kansas logs first sighting of tropical piratic flycatcher
- Avian flu case confirmed in Leavenworth County
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures
- Push on to make catfish a Kansas state symbol
- State lifts avian flu restrictions in Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties