2011 local election voter’s guide
As you prepare to vote, use this page as your reference guide for the 2011 Basehor City Council and Basehor-Linwood School Board elections. Below are links to the Sentinel's stories, video interviews and issue questionnaires for candidates in the local races.
Election day is Tuesday, April 5. Polls are open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. across Leavenworth County.
BASEHOR CITY COUNCIL
Six candidates are running for three open council seats. One candidate, Bob Moore, has not responded to the Sentinel's attempts to contact him.
On March 22, the candidates gathered for a forum at the Basehor VFW Post 11499. Click here to see what the candidates said in response to questions there.
BASEHOR-LINWOOD SCHOOL BOARD
Four school board seats are up for election. Two candidates are running for Position 1, and three are running for Position 7, an at-large seat. The races for Positions 2 and 3 are uncontested.
Incumbent Dayna Miller (unopposed): Candidate questionnaire
Incumbent Eric Dove (unopposed): Candidate questionnaire
On March 30, five school board candidates appeared at a discussion event at Basehor Community Library. Click here to read some of the candidates' comments.
More like this story
- 2 Kansas school districts to close early because of budgets
- USD 458 board reviews culinary program, other high school developments
- Changes in funding could change online offerings in Kansas
- International tragedy led to lasting local legacy for Boy Scouts
- 6 Kansas school districts to close early, cite budget cuts