Shawnee fitness club, celebrities step up for 3-year-old with leukemia
A Shawnee fitness club is planning a pair of fundraisers this weekend to help Ross Elliott, 3, of Independence, Mo., who has a rare leukemia.
The “March Madness Challenge,” which is set for 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. Saturday, April 2, at PUNCH Boxing + Fitness Club, 5437 Roberts St. is a series of five back-to-back total body workouts for $10 per participant, with guests Eddie Kennison, former Chiefs receiver, Casey Wiegmann, Chiefs center, and Danni Wiegmann, “Survivor” winner.
A “Small Business Fair” featuring Danni Wiegmann is set for 5 to 8 p.m. Sunday, April 3. Local small businesses will be on hand with deals on their products and services, including beauty products, spa services, fitness packages, apparel, jewelry, handbags, coaching services and wine tasting. Each participating business is donating to Ross’ fund.
More like this story
- Hutchinson transforms into Smallville again
- Chronic wasting disease spreads to 6 more Kansas counties
- Douglas County Fair returns July 24 with new theme, kiddie derby
- Face to Face: Don Wheeler, Bonner Springs City Band Commission
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday