Bobcats, Braves lead the way on All-KVL girls hoops squad
A Kaw Valley League championship and third-place finish at the Class 4A state tournament set the Basehor-Linwood girls basketball team apart from the pack this season, and opposing coaches gave credit where credit was due.
The coaches voted a league-leading three Bobcats to the All-Kaw Valley League first team for their performance during a 20-5 campaign.
Senior forward Megan Bergstrom was the lone unanimous first-team pick, while senior guards Courtney Poe and Macyn Sanders joined her on the first team.
No other school had more than two players on the first team.
While BLHS dominated the first team, rival Bonner Springs had the most total players named All-Kaw Valley League as four Braves were honored after they helped the Braves to a 15-6 record — a league-best turnaround after going just 6-15 a year ago.
Junior point guard Yessenia Hernandez and sophomore guard Anna Deegan were named to the first team. Senior guard Erica Smith and junior forward Emily Wilson received honorable mention recognition.
Lansing had two first-team selections in seniors Katie Delich and Kiersten Kirkendoll while senior Jenna Hoing was an honorable mention selection.
More like this story
- Basehor-Linwood basketball players headline All-Kaw Valley League squad
- BSHS, BLHS volleyball squads each place 2 on All-KVL lineup
- 3 Braves, trio of Bobcats earn All-Kaw Valley League postseason soccer honors
- Bobcats, Braves represented on All-KVL boys soccer team
- Smith, O'Bryan lead list of soccer honorees