Home school students qualify for competition
Three Bonner Springs home school students recently earned first-place awards in a regional forensics competition and now will move on to the national competition.
Abigail Wiley, junior, and Loran Wiley, sophomore, and Kaihtlyn Hanneke, junior, are students with the STARS home school co-op based in Bonner Springs. They competed at the Mid-America Association of Christian Schools’ regional Bible Academics and Fine Arts competition on March 17 and 18. Abigail and Loran took first place in duet acting, and Kaihtlyn took first place in dramatic interpretation.
The students’ first-place finishes earned them the right to move on to the American Association of Christian Schools’ national competition April 12-14 in Greenville, S.C.
More like this story
- Linwood teens injured in K-32 car accident
- Authorities announce name of pedestrian killed in Bonner Springs accident
- Woman, child killed in highway crash in Kansas
- Baldwin City resident killed, another injured in motorcycle wreck in southern Leavenworth County
- Police: 11 injured in Great Bend crash involving spider