Home school students qualify for competition
Three Bonner Springs home school students recently earned first-place awards in a regional forensics competition and now will move on to the national competition.
Abigail Wiley, junior, and Loran Wiley, sophomore, and Kaihtlyn Hanneke, junior, are students with the STARS home school co-op based in Bonner Springs. They competed at the Mid-America Association of Christian Schools’ regional Bible Academics and Fine Arts competition on March 17 and 18. Abigail and Loran took first place in duet acting, and Kaihtlyn took first place in dramatic interpretation.
The students’ first-place finishes earned them the right to move on to the American Association of Christian Schools’ national competition April 12-14 in Greenville, S.C.
More like this story
- 86-year-old man dies in single-engine plane crash near Pratt
- Lenexa man suspected of injuring kids, damaging cars
- Edwardsville police implement new body cameras for officers
- Second to none: Longtime Bonner police chief announces retirement
- Birthday brings awareness of technological, societal progress