Lansing, Basehor-Linwood boys dominate basketball league honors
Kaw Valley League champion and Class 5A fourth-place finisher Lansing led the way on the All-Kaw Valley League boys basketball team as four Lions were honored as being among the league’s best players.
Three Lions — seniors Calvin Schneider and Kaleb McQuillan — joined junior Izaiah Grice on the first team while senior Colby Gwartney was an honorable mention selection.
Basehor-Linwood, which tied with Mill Valley for second place, had three players recognized. The trio was on the first team as junior twins Ryan Murphy and Colin Murphy were honored alongside senior Evan Theno.
Bonner Springs also had three players on the All-League squad. Junior Stevie Williams was named to the first team, while senior Juan Pichardo and junior B.J. Watson collected honorable mention status.
More like this story
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: James Blancarte, Linwood City Council
- 8 years after tornado, Greensburg to have theater again
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Attitudes slowly changing as awareness of mental health issues increases
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary