Bradley, Coffman lead BSHS track at Gardner
The Bonner Springs High School track team had its hands full with a talent-packed field Friday at the Gardner-Edgerton Blazer Invitational.
Adding to the Braves’ challenge was that some of their top competitors were sidelined by injuries. Still, BSHS produced a handful of top-six finishes as the boys placed seventh in the team standings and the girls took eighth.
Bridgett Bradley highlighted the meet for the Braves as the throwing standout placed second in the discus with a mark of 112 feet, 4 inches. In addition, Bethany Bailey took sixth in the pole vault with a 9-2 clearance, and Mandy Ballou finished sixth in the 3,200-meter run in 13 minutes, 38.59 seconds.
Also for the BSHS girls, the 3,200-meter relay team took fifth in 11:22.00 and the 400-meter relay team finished sixth in 52.77.
Matt Coffman was the lone Bonner Springs boy to place individually. He finished fifth in the 3,200 in 10:56.93. The 1,600-meter relay team took second in 3:30.73, the 3,200-meter relay squad was third in 8:57.21 and the 400-meter relay team finished fifth in 46.84.
BSHS next competes at 3 p.m. Friday at the Shawnee Mission North Relays.
More like this story
- Dirty politics nothing new, even in Bonner Springs
- Basehor to make push for EMS service improvements
- Basehor-area voters approve school bond issue; Klamm edges out Johnson for school board
- Government groups work across state lines in Kansas City
- Help slow to come for Edwardsville history compilation