Fort Leavenworth parking lot to be closed
The Kansas Highway Patrol, in conjunction with the Kansas Department of Transportation, temporarily will be closing a parking lot near the main entrance of Fort Leavenworth.
This closing is in preparation of a demonstration scheduled for Saturday, June 4, in the immediate area surrounding the main entrance to Fort Leavenworth. This area is KDOT property and is between the main entrance to the west and the Reserve Center to the east, on the north side of Kansas Highway 73. The lot will be closed for use June 1-4. Any vehicles still remaining on this property after the morning of Friday, June 3 will be towed at the owner’s expense.
More like this story
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Police: Woman arrested in battery of police horse in Wichita
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence
- Bonner police investigate aggravated robbery