Fort Leavenworth parking lot to be closed
The Kansas Highway Patrol, in conjunction with the Kansas Department of Transportation, temporarily will be closing a parking lot near the main entrance of Fort Leavenworth.
This closing is in preparation of a demonstration scheduled for Saturday, June 4, in the immediate area surrounding the main entrance to Fort Leavenworth. This area is KDOT property and is between the main entrance to the west and the Reserve Center to the east, on the north side of Kansas Highway 73. The lot will be closed for use June 1-4. Any vehicles still remaining on this property after the morning of Friday, June 3 will be towed at the owner’s expense.
More like this story
- 86-year-old man dies in single-engine plane crash near Pratt
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Kansas abortion foes seek change in law to help with lawsuit
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station