Chorus will perform Mass
The Kaw Valley Chorus will present “Timeless: Arrangements of the Traditional Latin Mass Text from 1815 and Today” during two concerts later this month.
The free performances will compare two arrangements of the Mass: Franz Schubert’s “Mass in G,” published in 1815, and John Leavitt’s “Missa Festiva,” completed in 1995.
The first performance will be at 5:30 p.m. Sunday, May 15, at Holy Angels Catholic Church, 15410 Leavenworth Road, Basehor. The second will be 7 p.m. Saturday, May 21, at Basehor United Methodist Church, 18660 158th St., Bonner Springs.
More like this story
- Verruckt is 'terrifying, but great,' says KCK mayor
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Class of 2015: BLHS senior says organization is the key
- Organization Orientation: Bonner Springs Business and Professional Women
- State officials ready to work with Bonner Springs's K-7 requests