KCKCC to offer spring concert
The Kansas City Kansas Community College music department will have its annual Spring Choral Concert at 3 p.m. May 15 at St. Patrick’s Catholic Church, 94th Street and State Avenue, Kansas City, Kan.
The concert will feature the KCKCC Concert Choir, Chamber Choir and the Community Chamber Choir. Under the direction of John Stafford II, this year’s concert will feature music from composers such as Mozart and Verdi, as well as jazz and gospel made famous by artists Chick Corea and Israel Hougton. The feature performance will combine the three choirs in a performance of “Past Life Melodies,” an overtone composition by Australian composer Sarah Hopkins.
The concert is open to the public without charge and will be followed by a reception featuring “The Standard” vocal jazz ensemble in the St. Patrick’s Parish Center.
More like this story
- Basehor-area voters approve school bond issue; Klamm edges out Johnson for school board
- Edwardsville councilman accused of making racist statements
- Tonganoxie youth remembered for 'lighting up a room'
- Confusion remains years after creation of 'Unified Government'
- Kansas lawmakers seek data on school board members