County Road 5 bridge work starts this week in county
A stretch of County Road 5 northeast of Tonganoxie closed this week for the replacement of two bridges, a project that could last a year or longer.
The road is closed between Mitchell and Donahoo roads for the project, which is being conducted by the county's public works department with help from the Kansas Department of Transportation.
The county's recommended detour is County Road 9, or 207th Street, which branches off from CR-5 just north of Tonganoxie and runs north to County Road 8, or Dempsey Road.
More like this story
- Chronic wasting disease spreads to 6 more Kansas counties
- Court revives lawsuit from ex-detective who exposed beating
- Push on to make catfish a Kansas state symbol
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday