Basehor community garden meeting slated for Saturday
Basehor PRIDE will have an informational meeting Saturday about a possible new project: a community garden for Basehor.
The meeting will be 10-11 a.m. Saturday at Basehor City Park, 15940 Leavenworth Rd., in the shelter house.
The gathering is meant to provide information and gauge interest in a possible new community vegetable and flower garden, which would be near the city park. The garden is planned to open in 2012, Basehor PRIDE president Chuck Wilderson said.
Any people, families or groups interested in a public garden are welcome to attend. For more information, residents can contact PRIDE member Mike Rollwagen at (913) 724-1014.
More like this story
- Man who escaped from Kansas police custody found in Missouri
- Man charged in Fort Riley bomb plot to appear in court
- Lenexa man suspected of injuring kids, damaging cars
- Reno County spending money to keep jail smelling good
- Basehor recognizes police officers, public works employee who helped arrest sex offender