Letter: DRE’s Arbor Day participation
To the editor:
Betty Rehm, a passionate member of Bonner Beautiful, contacted Mayor Joe Reardon of Kansas City, Kan., and convinced him to donate a tree to plant at Delaware Ridge Elementary School. Because DRE is located in Kansas City, Kan., but is a part of the Bonner Springs-Edwardsville School District, getting donated trees for Arbor Day can get a little complicated. Betty was relentless in her effort to include DRE in the annual tradition.
On April 29, the members of Bonner Beautiful planted a tree in the DRE front yard. All of the wonderful members of Bonner Beautiful, Bonner Springs Mayor Clausie Smith and Edwardsville Mayor John “Tiny” McTaggart were so kind and generous to think of our school on Arbor Day and to present such a lovely gift to our school.
Delaware Ridge Elementary School principal
Kansas City, Kan.
More like this story
- U.S. Senate to discuss funding food stamps program with grants
- Kansas Attorney General criticizes federal home health laws
- Kansas State awards $500K in grants for global food research
- KSU students to go on the road to care for shelter animals
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits