Church collects items in Joplin tornado relief effort today
The Bonner Springs Church of the Nazarene is taking part in relief efforts for victims of Sunday’s tornado in Joplin, Mo., and would like some help from the community.
The church is accepting donations of bottled water, canned foods, hygiene products and money from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturday, May 28, at the church, 742 N. Nettleton Ave.
The church plans to make its first delivery of donations on Memorial Day, Monday, May 30. Several church members also will travel to Joplin to help residents there clean up. Visit bonnernaz.com for information.
More like this story
- Wyandotte County deputy shot during robbery
- Edwardsville police implement new body cameras for officers
- Lenexa man suspected of injuring kids, damaging cars
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Second to none: Longtime Bonner police chief announces retirement