Edmonds blazes into 100 finals
Dakkota Edmonds exploded out of the starting blocks Saturday morning at the Class 4A track and field state championships.
Already a 200-meter dash finalist after Friday's preliminary race, Edmonds scorched the track in 12.63 seconds in the 100 prelims Saturday. She won her heat and had the second best overall qualifying time.
Edmonds, a fourth-place medalist in the 100 and 200 as a sophomore, will try to improve on those performances today in the final meet of her junior season.
More like this story
- State officials ready to work with Bonner Springs's K-7 requests
- Overland Park approves 165-mile bicycle network
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- 8 years after tornado, Greensburg to have theater again
- Adult students find success with Bonner-based diploma completion program