BPU Ethics Commission seeks applicants for 3 vacancies
The Kansas City Board of Public Utilities is seeking letters of interest and resumes from persons interested in filling several vacancies on the BPU Ethics Commission.
The purpose of the Ethics Commission is to insure proper implementation of BPU’s Ethics Policy and act as the policy-setting body for ethics issues at the utility. The commission is comprised of five members. The BPU Board of Directors desires that the Ethics Commission represent the diverse population of the community. The commission must fill three vacancies representing the education, labor and legal sectors.
Applicants must live in Wyandotte County, be of good moral standing and cannot have been convicted of a felony or serious crime.
The deadline for submitting letters of interest and resumes is Dec. 16. A search committee will review the applications; the full BPU Board will make the appointments.
Interested persons should send a letter of interest and a resume to: Ethics Commission Application c/o Public Affairs Officer, Board of Public Utilities, 540 Minnesota Ave., Kansas City, KS 66101. Letters and resumes may also be faxed to 913-573-9175, or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- State officials ready to work with Bonner Springs's K-7 requests
- Kansas State researches using drones to protect crops
- Avian flu case confirmed in Leavenworth County
- Kansas City Connection: City Market a hub for delicious ethnic food