Letter to the editor: Thanks for honoring veterans
To the editor:
We just got back from the Veterans program at Bonner Springs Elementary School (Thursday, Nov. 10). It was simply wonderful. The teachers who presented the program put so much thought and planning into it. They had researched about each of the branches of the service and sang a song for each. The students who participated in the program were well-coached on the history of the Army, Navy, Coast Guard, Air Force and Marines.
It seemed that each veteran family had enjoyed every moment of it. I can only say that everyone was thrilled by the way it turned out. Congratulations to the teachers and students who showed all that they could present a wonderful program for Veterans Day.
Gene and Norma Ward
More like this story
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Generating change: Ag Hall looks to reinfuse energy with Barnyard Babies event
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- GOP plan to overhaul Kansas school aid could move quickly
- Brownback urges Kansas House to pass GOP school funding plan