Basehor Chamber asking for silent auction donations
The Basehor Chamber of Commerce is seeking donated items to be sold in a silent auction at its annual meeting and Christmas dinner next month.
Proceeds from the auction will go to Basehor-Linwood Assistance Services, which helps area families in need through its holiday Adopt-a-Family program and a newly opened food pantry.
The Chamber’s annual meeting will begin at 5:30 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 8, at the Reece & Nichols building at 1106 N. 155th St.
The silent auction will take place during a social hour from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Dinner, which will cost $10 per person, will follow.
Donated items can be dropped off at the Reece & Nichols office, or mailed to the office, care of Basehor Chamber silent auction. Chamber president Aladdin Ashkar said the group recommends the donation of new, unused items or of services to be offered later. Anything is welcome, though, he said.
The event is open to the public, but the Chamber asks attendees to RSVP by Tuesday, Dec. 6, by calling (913) 724-9000 or sending email to email@example.com.
More like this story
- Alarm clocks 'hated' but necessary since ancient Greece
- Bonner drama club provides performance outlet for secondary students
- Kansas City Connection: More holiday events, tasty eats and food for your ears
- Antler broker flourishes in his Delphos business
- McConnell helps airman cope with loss of infant son