Five injured in rollover accident on 24-40 in Tonganoxie
A two-vehicle accident on U.S. Highway 24-40 in Tonganoxie sent five people to Lawrence Memorial Hospital on Wednesday afternoon.
Jill Poje was attempting to drive her 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix across U.S. 24-40 from Stone Creek when her vehicle was struck by a 2008 Ford Focus driven by Raymond Woods. Woods was traveling westbound on U.S. 24-40 at the time of the accident and attempted to stop to avoid the Grand Prix, according to a statement from Tonganoxie Police Lt. Billy Adcox.
Poje’s vehicle rolled onto its roof, and she and her two passengers, Bailey Poje and Blake Poje, were transported to Lawrence Memorial Hospital with minor injuries.
Woods and an unidentified female passenger were also transported to LMH with minor injuries. Woods was later treated and released, as was Poje and her passengers.
Tonganoxie police, the Kansas Highway Patrol, the Tonganoxie Fire Department and Leavenworth County Emergency Medical Services responded to the accident.
This story has been changed to correct the number of vehicles involved in the accident. Police Chief Jeff Brandau said at the scene that three vehicles were involved; later, he said he was mistaken and there were only two.
More like this story
- U.S. 24-40 accident in Tonganoxie sends 5 to Lawrence Memorial Hospital
- Driver declines hospital visit after rollover on U.S. 24-40 near Basehor
- Accidents send 2 to hospital
- Tonganoxie High School student dies in Thursday rollover accident in Basehor
- Tonganoxie school bus collides with SUV on U.S. Highway 24-40