Sporting KC waives 4
Sporting Kansas City this afternoon announced it was waiving four players from the 2011 roster.
Midfielders Jeferson, Milos Stojcev and Craig Rocastle and defender Scott Lorenz all were waived by the club.
Lorenz, 24, made one regular appearance for Sporting Kansas City after joining from NSC Minnesota Stars, starting in Sporting Kansas City’s 3-2 loss to the Chicago Fire.
Stojcev started 11 matches during the 2011 season, registering two assists for Sporting Kansas City, while also notching one goal in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup against Chicago Fire PDL.
Rocastle joined Sporting KC prior to the start of the 2010 season. After starting 18 matches and recording three assists last year, Rocastle’s 2011 season was interrupted after suffering a sprained MCL while playing for Grenada in this summer’s CONCACAF Gold Cup.
Jeferson made nine regular-season appearances in 2011 after joining Sporting Kansas City on loan from Vasco da Gama in July. The Brazilian midfielder registered his lone assist of 2011 in Sporting Kansas City’s 4-2 win over Toronto FC.
All four players are now eligible for selection in the Waiver Draft, to be held at 2:30 p.m. Wednesday.
More like this story
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Kansas' broad marijuana bill attracts bulk of GOP votes
- Basehor recognizes police officers, public works employee who helped arrest sex offender
- Lenexa man suspected of injuring kids, damaging cars
- Wichita voters approve reducing marijuana penalties