Jenkins nominates BLHS senior for Air Force Academy
A Basehor-Linwood High School senior is among 33 students from Kansas' 2nd Congressional District nominated by U.S. Rep. Lynn Jenkins for admission to U.S. military academies.
Jenkins nominated Grant Moyer of BLHS for the U.S. Air Force Academy, the congresswoman's office announced Monday.
Jenkins made the nominations with the help of a non-partisan board made up of Kansans who have graduated from the military academies or served in military leadership roles, according to a release. The academies will make final decisions on admissions.
“These nominees represent some of the best and brightest among Kansas’ youth,” Jenkins said in the release. “I am proud to nominate them and wish them all the best in the years ahead.”
More like this story
- Ray Cox remembered as truly dedicated to his community
- Wichita State gets $5 million, mostly for honors college
- Kansas House passes bill to authorize $1.5B in pension bonds
- Organization Orientation: Bonner Springs Business and Professional Women
- Standard often cited in Kansas pension debates questioned