U.S. 24-40 accident in Tonganoxie sends 5 to Lawrence Memorial Hospital
A two-vehicle accident on U.S. Highway 24-40 in Tonganoxie sent five people to Lawrence Memorial Hospital this past week.
Jill Poje was attempting to drive her 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix across U.S. 24-40 from Stone Creek when her vehicle was struck by a 2008 Ford Focus driven by Raymond Woods on the afternoon of Wednesday, Nov. 23. Woods was traveling westbound on U.S. 24-40 at the time of the accident and attempted to stop to avoid the Grand Prix, according to a statement from Tonganoxie Police Lt. Billy Adcox.
Poje’s vehicle rolled onto its roof, and she and her two passengers, Bailey Poje and Blake Poje, were transported to Lawrence Memorial Hospital with minor injuries.
Woods and an unidentified female passenger were also transported to LMH with minor injuries. Woods was later treated and released, as were Poje and her passengers.
Tonganoxie police, the Kansas Highway Patrol, the Tonganoxie Fire Department and Leavenworth County Emergency Medical Services responded to the accident. Adcox did not have information regarding ages of people injured in the accident as of Tuesday.
More like this story
- Five injured in rollover accident on 24-40 in Tonganoxie
- Tonganoxie woman killed in U.S. 24-40 accident near Basehor
- Tonganoxie school bus collides with SUV on U.S. Highway 24-40
- Accident victim in fair condition at KU hospital
- Drivers in Sunday accident south of Tonganoxie in fair condition at KU Hospital