Humane Society offering pet contests Saturday in Lansing
The Leavenworth County Humane Society will take part in Lansing's Autumn in the Grove festival this weekend with a “Pets in the Grove” fundraising event.
The event will be 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday in Kelly Grove Park, 320 E. Gilman Road in Lansing.
“Pets in the Grove” will offer competitions for pets and children, including a pet-person look-alike contest, awards for the longest ears and fluffiest tail, and dog treat and gummy fish stacking contests for children 12 and younger.
The entry fee for each event is $5. Proceeds will benefit LCHS animal welfare programs.
More like this story
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Kansas City Connection: 'Christmas Cheer' from a new 'Nutcracker' to Charles Dickens
- Kansas City Connection: 9 events to kick off a busy September
- Kansas CIty Connection: Fall chock-full of colorful events
- Basehor-Linwood track teams shine in Baldwin