Linn County man injured in motorcycle wreck south of Tonganoxie
Motorcyclist taken to KU Hospital
A 74-year-old Linn County man was injured in a motorcycle accident just after 10 a.m. Thursday about a mile south of Tonganoxie.
Eldon L. Barrett was heading north on U.S. Highway 24-40 on a 2000 Honda Shadow when his steering column started to wobble and he lost control of the bike, two people who were riding motorcycles with Barrett told Leavenworth County Sheriff’s officials.
Lt. Mark Metcalf with the sheriff’s office said it appeared Barrett lost control of the bike on a curve in the road, went off to the right of the road and hit a ditch. The bike, with Barrett still on it, traveled about 20 yards before coming to rest in a field. Metcalf said Barrett suffered a leg injury, but was unsure whether there were additional injuries.
The man was taken by Leavenworth County Emergency Medical Services to Kansas University Hospital.
Barrett was wearing a helmet, Metcalf said, and is from Parker, about 15 miles south of Osawatomie.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: James Blancarte, Linwood City Council
- Basehor-area voters approve school bond issue; Klamm edges out Johnson for school board
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Gary Johnson, USD 458 Board of Education
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits