Fifth-graders’ bake sales raising money for wreaths on veterans’ graves
Basehor Intermediate School fifth-graders are raising money for the Wreaths Across America program with a series of bake sales, starting today.
Students will be selling baked goods at BIS from the beginning of the school day, 8:45 a.m., until 10:40 a.m. They will have a sale at Basehor Elementary School from 10:40 to 11:30 a.m.
The students will have sales at the same times on Nov. 3 and Nov. 17.
For any questions, visitors can go to the front office at either building.
The sales will raise money for holiday wreaths that the students will place on veterans' graves at Leavenworth National Cemetery in December.
More like this story
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Basehor-area Legislator seeks Common Core comments
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Kansas Attorney General criticizes federal home health laws
- Kansas ponders new protections for campus religious groups