Fifth-graders’ bake sales raising money for wreaths on veterans’ graves
Basehor Intermediate School fifth-graders are raising money for the Wreaths Across America program with a series of bake sales, starting today.
Students will be selling baked goods at BIS from the beginning of the school day, 8:45 a.m., until 10:40 a.m. They will have a sale at Basehor Elementary School from 10:40 to 11:30 a.m.
The students will have sales at the same times on Nov. 3 and Nov. 17.
For any questions, visitors can go to the front office at either building.
The sales will raise money for holiday wreaths that the students will place on veterans' graves at Leavenworth National Cemetery in December.
More like this story
- KCC workers opt to leave civil service for pay raises
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Leavenworth County approves EMS services for Basehor
- Basehor-area Legislator seeks Common Core comments
- Kansas schools, colleges, hospitals would feel sting of cuts