Lansing edges Basehor-Linwood volleyball in five-game thriller, claims KVL crown
Basehor-Linwood’s bid for an undefeated Kaw Valley League volleyball season ended Tuesday.
Basehor-Linwood lost to Lansing in a match that went five games and determined the league championship.
Lansing won the KVL title for the fifth straight season, but Basehor-Linwood didn’t make it easy for the Lions.
LHS cruised through the first two games, 25-12 and 25-14, but the Bobcats battled back fiercely after that.
In a hard-fought game three, Basehor-Linwood prevailed 26-24. Game four also went down to the wire, and against BLHS earned a 25-23 victory and forced a decisive fifth game.
With the Kaw Valley League crown in the balance, Lansing won the final game 15-11.
The Bobcats split a pair of matches the night before against Turner and Blue Valley Southwest. The Bobcats defeated Turner in two games, 25-13, 25-21. In the next match, Basehor-Linwood lost to Blue Valley Southwest, 14-25, 14-25.
Stay tuned to Basehorinfo.com for further updates.
More like this story
- Kansas man driving combine leads law enforcement on chase
- Reno County spending money to keep jail smelling good
- Leavenworth County liquor store allegedly sells to undercover 19-year-old
- Reopening Riddle Boys Ranch concerns some Kansas schools
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County