Neighbors: Jason Krone
Occupation: Executive director of the Bonner Springs Family YMCA
Place of birth: Manhattan
Family: Wife, Lisa; children, Paige and Bryce
Q: When did you move to Bonner Springs and what brought you here?
A: We moved to Bonner Springs around 11 years ago after living in Lawrence for five years. We both grew up in smaller towns and had great experiences in Bonner, so we decided to make the switch.
Q: What’s the biggest risk you’ve ever taken?
A: Having children, and it has turned into the biggest reward.
Q: What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
A: My dad always told me to “pick my battles.” Basically, know what you need to stand up for and what you can compromise on.
Q: What three things would you want people to know about you?
A: I love my family and put them first. I need personal me time every day to gather my thoughts, even if it is for 15 minutes. Working in a service industry, my work focuses on helping others be better.
Q: What did you want to be when you grew up?
A: Besides a professional athlete or firefighter, I didn’t really think of a career until the end of high school.
Q: What’s your ideal vacation spot?
A: I like sand between my toes at a place where I cannot see the other shoreline.
Song: Anything by Bad Company
Food: Steak, medium
More like this story
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Gary Johnson, USD 458 Board of Education
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education
- Breaking the mold: Male teachers at Bonner school serve as role models, break stereotype
- More Kansas teachers leaving state, retiring
- 2 USD 204 board members would be unable to serve under proposed law