United Way campaign kicking off Friday; Kelley’s Grille chipping in with benefit
The Leavenworth County United Way campaign will kick off with a rally at 7 a.m. Friday with breakfast sponsored by Hallmark Cards at 450 Eisenhower Rd. in Leavenworth.
This year’s goal is $375,000, according to Blake Waters, this year’s campaign chairman.
Basehor restaurant Kelley’s Grille and Bar, 15540 State Ave., will take part in the United Way of Leavenworth County’s 2011 campaign by donating a portion of sales each Wednesday this fall.
From 5 to 9 p.m. each Wednesday between Sept. 9 and Oct. 31, the restaurant will donate 5 percent of its proceeds to the United Way.
More like this story
- Man charged in Fort Riley bomb plot to appear in court
- 25 years on, disabilities act has changed lives of millions
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Basehor-Linwood basketball honors cancer patient
- Kansas House panel considers higher scrap theft penalties