Basehor woman finishes third in Mrs. Kansas Pageant
A Basehor woman was the second runner-up earlier this month at the Mrs. Kansas Pageant.
Katia Figueroa Acevedo, who at an earlier pageant was named Mrs. Leavenworth County, also received an award for the highest-scoring interview and was voted Mrs. Congeniality at the pageant, which was held Sept. 3 in Branson, Mo.
Acevedo has been married for 14 years and has three children. As Mrs. Leavenworth County, she supported the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
The Mrs. Kansas event is a preliminary to the Mrs. America Pageant in the spring.
More like this story
- Brownback wants more highway patrol officers
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence
- Kansas trooper marks 10K Twitter followers with CHiPs star
- Leavenworth County Sheriff's Office warns of peak time for deer accidents
- Baldwin City resident killed, another injured in motorcycle wreck in southern Leavenworth County