Basehor woman finishes third in Mrs. Kansas Pageant
A Basehor woman was the second runner-up earlier this month at the Mrs. Kansas Pageant.
Katia Figueroa Acevedo, who at an earlier pageant was named Mrs. Leavenworth County, also received an award for the highest-scoring interview and was voted Mrs. Congeniality at the pageant, which was held Sept. 3 in Branson, Mo.
Acevedo has been married for 14 years and has three children. As Mrs. Leavenworth County, she supported the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
The Mrs. Kansas event is a preliminary to the Mrs. America Pageant in the spring.
More like this story
- Wyandotte County's housing growth continues
- State officials ready to work with Bonner Springs's K-7 requests
- Kansas City streetcar construction to finish this fall
- 86-year-old man dies in single-engine plane crash near Pratt
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties