Basehor Community Library to offer workshop on DAR
As part of an effort to create a Basehor chapter, the Daughters of the American Revolution will offer a genealogical workshop later this month at Basehor Community Library.
The workshop will be 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 28, at the library, 1400 158th St., Basehor.
Membership in the DAR, a women’s service organization, is open to any woman 18 years or older “who can prove lineal descent from a Patriot of the American Revolution,” according to Marlys Hankins, organizing secretary for the Kansas Society of the DAR. The goal of the workshop is to prove that descent, Hankins said.
Participants should bring any documentation that may be useful, which may include books, Bible records, wills, marriage certificates, census records and more. For more information, call Hankins at 913-782-3645.
More like this story
- Kansas schools, colleges, hospitals would feel sting of cuts
- Kansas regents hold tuition, fee increases to 3.6 percent
- Budget, taxes head up crowded agenda for Kansas Legislature
- Regents President and CEO Tompkins retires
- Breaking the mold: Male teachers at Bonner school serve as role models, break stereotype