BLMS 7th-grade varsity unbeaten in volleyball
The Basehor-Linwood Middle School seventh-grade volleyball program is off to a solid start in 2011.
The varsity squad is 2-0 and the junior varsity has a 1-1 record.
The squads swept Lexington Trails in the season-opener on Sept. 1. The junior varsity started the day with a 25-17, 25-10, 15-10 sweep of LTMS, and the varsity followed with a 25-20, 25-15, 15-13 victory.
“Serving and serve receive were our strong points for our first match,” coach Erin Foley said. “I am impressed with how all of the girls played on both levels.”
The Bulldogs followed up the strong first outing with some hard-fought matches Monday, Sept. 12, at Lansing.
The JV put up a good fight but lost all three games. The BLMS varsity was victorious, however, winning all three games, 25-10, 25-23 and 15-7.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie police investigating sexual assault case involving 13-year-old
- 2 dead after shooting in Overland Park
- Edwardsville police implement new body cameras for officers
- Edwardsville councilman releases statement after KBI closes investigation
- Court revives lawsuit from ex-detective who exposed beating