CMS 8th-grade volleyball sweeps home-opener
The Clark Middle School eighth-grade volleyball team had a strong showing at its home-opener on Sept. 8. The Panthers’ A team opened the day with a 25-20, 25-7 victory against Patton Middle School. Payton Sechrist set the tone with nine aces, and Julianne Jackson and Alazia Stanley provided multiple kills. The Panthers then beat Lexington Trail 25-10, 25-23. Sechrist fired eight aces in the match, and Miyah Hightower gave a strong effort on the back row, while Jackson, Sechrist and Kennedy Bacon were dominant on the front row.
The victories followed a narrow loss Sept. 1 at Piper, where the Panthers lost 25-23, 25-23, 9-15.
Meanwhile, the CMS eighth-grade B team dropped its match to Piper 25-11, 25-21, 15-13.
More like this story
- Remember When for March 26, 2015
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- Basehor-Linwood girls fall to Piper in sub-state
- Officials fear Kansas is complacent about tornado season
- Generating change: Ag Hall looks to reinfuse energy with Barnyard Babies event