Mill Valley rallies past BLHS soccer
Trey Kincheloe scored a first-half goal, but it wasn’t enough for Basehor-Linwood to defeat Mill Valley last week.
After trailing 1-0 at halftime, Mill Valley scored two second half goals to win 2-1.
“Mill Valley was a completely different team in the second half,” BLHS coach Austin Knipp said. “A lot of one-touch passes, and they had more numbers pushing up on offense. They came at us the entire second half. I felt we held onto the ball too long at times and we got taken out of our game in the second half. Much credit goes to Mill Valley.”
With the loss, Basehor-Linwood has a 3-3 record on the season.
Overall, Knipp said he was pleased with the team’s effort on offense and defense
“I felt we played well on offense, especially in the first half,” coach Austin Knipp said.
More like this story
- Presidential museum visit causes reflection on recent history
- State officials ready to work with Bonner Springs's K-7 requests
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs Elementary nurse Tammy Dooley
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Face to Face: Basehor business owner Sarah McArdle